Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Carrie Newcomer Concert

Saturday night I saw Carrie Newcomer perform at the Natick Center for the Arts (TCAN) in Natick, Massachusetts. Although Carrie has been performing for about 20 years and despite the fact that we are both Hoosiers, this is the first opportunity I have had to see her in concert. In a word, I thought she was wonderful.

Her voice is absolutely beautiful and her song writing is so real. She was accompanied by a piano player who was very good, and added some beautiful touches to many of her songs. However her guitar playing was buried in the mix, so I didn't get to hear nearly as much of her guitar as I would have liked. In short, I would give her 4 out of 5 stars.

Her opening act was a New Jersey guy named Chuck E. Costa. But more on him in another post.

Scott

2 comments:

Craig S. said...

welcome! It's about time you finally got involved in this whole 'blogging' thing!

Scott said...

Yeah, it did take awhile. But I'm glad I finally figured it out. :-)