Sunday, April 26, 2009

Opening Act - Chuck E. Costa

As I mentioned in a previous post, Chuck E. Costa was the opening act for Carrie Newcomer at TCAN. I had not heard his music (or his name) prior to this concert, but I was treated to a beautiful, albeit short set from Chuck. He has a very soft, beautiful voice that blends wonderfully with this acoustic guitar. His song writing is very personal, yet I found it easy to personalize to myself. Well done.

Among other accolades, Chuck has been granted one of Club Passim's Iguana Music Fund. I'm sure it's not going to make Chuck rich, but as a folk musician, I'm sure every little bit helps. Check out Chuck's Web site for a list of other awards he has received.

I intended buying one of his CDs after the show, but reluctantly decided against it. He has a new CD coming out in a few weeks, so I decided to wait it out until that is released. I apologize to readers, but I don't remember the name of his upcoming CD. Having heard some of the songs to appear on this release (The Goalie, At the Drawing Board), I am excited to hear his new release.

No comments: